Brother MFC-9340cdw printer on parallels Windows 10 arm

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Richardh45, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Richardh45

Richardh45 Bit poster

Will the Brother MFC printer ControlCenter 4 work on a Mac M3 ithe the latest Parallels

2. Ashley Chumun

Ashley Chumun Staff Member

Hello @Richardh45
    Thank you for your feedback.
    1. As per the official article from Brother, Brother Utility Tools and bundled software that uses the machine's drivers are NOT compatible with ARM Processors (which also include M3 Macs). (ex: ControlCenter, Status Monitor, PC-FAX software, etc.)
    2. For more information, please check the article Windows 10 or Windows 11 on ARM Processor - Compatibility (brother-usa.com).
    Thank you!

3. Richardh45

Richardh45 Bit poster

I'm confused
    I filed a request with Brother regarding the new Snapdragon X (ARM) with windows. I assume this uses similar translation software. Here was their response

MFC-9340cdw Driver support on a WIndows 10 Snapdragon

Response By Email (Kyle) (04/24/2024 03:16 PM)

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply.

That would be correct :)

If you have any other questions, please do no hesitate to reach out.

At your side,

Kyle

Customer By Service Email (RIchard Hicksted) (04/24/2024 12:41 PM)

If I read this correctly if I purchase a new APM based (Snapdragon X Elite) Microsoft Surface laptop (available in June 2024) your drivers will work properly. This would include ControlCenter4.

-R

Response By Email (Shérine) (04/24/2024 11:45 AM)

Hello Richard,

Thanks for contacting Brother Canada.

The drivers are updated to function on computers based on their operating system. It does necessarily matter which processor is being used on the computer for this. As long as the computer is using a supported operating system, the drivers will work with it.

I hope this answers your question.

Let us know if you have any others!

At your side,

Shérine

Customer By Service Web (RIchard Hicksted) (04/23/2024 11:20 PM)

IT seems that Microsoft is investing heavily in the new Snapdragon X Elite architecture as well as many other vendors to compete with the Apple M series machines. I realize that Windows provides basic drivers. However the MFC-9340cdw drivers and utilities such as Control Center 4 offers an integrated office environment. Will the drivers etc. be updated to operate on these new laptops