Copy/Paste not working

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Copypasta, Jul 24, 2023.

1. Copypasta

Copypasta Bit poster

Title,

Copy Paste not working to my Windows 11 VM and vice versa. Already tried reset and re-installing Parallels Tools. Doesn't seem to resolve the issue.

Anyone know how to get this fixed?

2. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hello Copypasta,

Kindly follow the steps provided below to attempt a resolution of this issue:

1. Open the virtual machine's Configuration: click the Parallels icon > Control Center > right-click on the virtual machine > Configure
    2. Switch to the "Security" tab and confirm that the "Isolate Windows from Mac" checkbox is not currently checked. If it is, please click on the checkbox to uncheck it

If the issue persists:
    1. Please switch to the Options tab in your virtual machine's configuration.
    2. Click on "More Options", and ensure the "Share Mac clipboard" option is checked.

If the issue persists, please collect an additional technical report at the moment of issue reproduction (Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID as a reply to this post.

3. MarkB3

MarkB3 Bit poster

Same issue. Seems to work once I copy from mac to mac, then try it. Then it works from mac to windows...

And I have all the settings as per the post by Adeboye Adeotan

4. HobbitFribbler

HobbitFribbler

I have the same problem, and all my settings are how they should be:
    "Isolate Windows from Mac": off
    "Share Mac clipboard": on
    What's going on

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2024
  5. SamG9

SamG9

Same issue here.
    • Parallels Desktop 19.2.1 (latest version)
    • Apple Mac M1 / MacOS 14.2.1
    • Windows 11 Pro 22H2 (fully licenced)
    • All settings as described above (Isolate Windows from Mac is 'off' and 'Share Mac clipboard' is 'on')
    • Restart of VM makes no difference.
    • Restart of Parallels Desktop makes no difference.

6. SamG9

SamG9

A reinstall of Parallels Tools on the Windows 11 VM has resolved the issue for me.
    Useful instructions provided at https://kb.parallels.com/4841

PeterS104 likes this.
  7. Nischay Gaya

Nischay Gaya Staff Member

Hello @SamG9 & @HobbitFribbler,

As a solution, we would suggest to re-install the Parallels tools by following steps:

1. Start your virtual machine
    2. In the Mac Top menu, click on Actions > Reinstall Parallels Tools.

You may refer to this Knowledge Base for further guidance: https://kb.parallels.com/112609

Once the reinstallation has been completed, please check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists, kindly open your virtual machine, reproduce the problem experienced and Collect a technical report (right-click the Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this thread.

Please find this KB article describing in more details the steps for sending a technical report: https://kb.parallels.com/fr/9058

We appreciate your getting back to us.

Thank you.

8. MiuMiu

MiuMiu Bit poster

What do you mean by "reinstall Parallels Tools? I have the latest update of Parallels (subscription) and there is NO option to install Parallels Tools under Action or anywhere else, they are no longer available! And I keep having the same problem with copy/paste not working.

9. mariac8

mariac8 Bit poster

I have the same problem. Since the last month make copy and paste between Mac and windows doesn't function. I did everything was mention before and still doesn't function. Was an actualization made by parallels? is a problem of antivirus? that is a big problem for us. please give a solution.

10. PeterS104

PeterS104 Bit poster

A reinstall of Parallels Tools on the Windows 10 Pro VM has resolved the issue for me as well!

Thanks!
    Peter

11. mariac8

mariac8 Bit poster

Thanks PeterS104. I did what you say and start function! :)

12. ScottS57

ScottS57 Bit poster

Cannot get the clipboard to work.
    I've made sure the 'Isolate Windows from mac' is unchecked
    Clipboard sync is bidirectional
    I've updated Parallels
    I've reinstalled Parallel Toolbox several times.
    I've rebooted my VM several times after configuration.
    Any ideas? Tired of this timesink....

13. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hi Scott,

please collect a technical report while the issue is being reproduced (click the Parallels icon > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.

14. ScottS57

ScottS57 Bit poster

Whats in the report? Not sure if I want to send data that may include any PII in it. Can I view it before I send?

15. Ashley Chumun

Ashley Chumun Staff Member

Hello @ScottS57
    Thank you for your feedback.
    For more information regarding the data we collect in the technical report, please follow this link https://my.parallels.com/data_reminder.
    After you generate the Technical report > Click on "See Details.." to see all the details of the collected data inside the report.
    Thank you!