Downgrade to version 19.0

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AntoninoF, Nov 3, 2023.

Tags:
  1. AntoninoF

AntoninoF Bit poster

When installing the update to version 19.1 of Pallellels desktop for Mac, a problem appeared in reading a software protection USB key.
    How can I downgrade to version 19.0?
    Where to download the version 19.0 dmg from?

2. AntoninoF

AntoninoF Bit poster

I found the correct thread here. This can be deleted.
    I'm sorry.

3. MarkC72

MarkC72 Bit poster

Experiencing USB key issue after 19.1 update. Seeking download for 19.0 downgrade solution.

4. JohnS158

JohnS158

I understand you're facing issues with Parallels Desktop 19.1 and want to downgrade to version 19.0. Here's how you can downgrade and where to find the installer:

Downgrading Parallels Desktop:

1. Locate the Parallels Desktop 19.0 Installer: You won't find a direct download link on the Parallels website for older versions. However, Parallels offers an archive of previous versions. Here's how to find it:
    2. Download the Installer: On the archive page, search for Parallels Desktop 19.0 (or the specific build you need) for your Mac operating system version. Download the appropriate DMG installer file.

3. Run the Downgrade Installer: Once downloaded, double-click the Parallels Desktop 19.0 DMG file. The installer will launch and replace your current Parallels Desktop version with 19.0.
    Important Notes:

• Backing Up Virtual Machines: It's recommended to back up your virtual machines before downgrading in case of any compatibility issues. Parallels Desktop provides a built-in backup utility for this purpose.
    • Parallels Tools Update: After downgrading and starting your Windows virtual machine, Parallels Tools might need to update to the compatible version for Parallels Desktop 19.0. This update usually happens automatically within the virtual machine.
    By following these steps, you should be able to downgrade Parallels Desktop to version 19.0 and hopefully resolve the issue with the software protection USB key.