Cannot Install... Downloads and Resets

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by Terrax, Feb 15, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Terrax

Terrax Bit poster

First off, FFS, really the only two ways to contact support are Facebook or Twitter? I have neither.
    Doesn't matter if I do it from the launchbar icon to Preferences or from the Control Center, installing Parallels Toolbox by clicking "Install" results in "Downloading" and then it immediately resets the screen. Toolbox does not get installed and I do not get an "Open" button. Nor does anything new appear in Applications.
    I did reboot, etc. No difference.
    Apple MacBook Pro M2 Pro, Sonoma 14.2.1. Parallels annual Pro license.
    Version 19.2.1 (54832)

2. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hello Terrax,

To attempt to resolve this issue, kindly perform the following actions:

Please confirm to us if you have any VPN or antivirus applications installed on your Mac computer. If so, kindly uninstall temporarily or disable them before you attempt the actions below:

1. Open your web browser and paste in the following link to download the latest Toolbox installation image https://download.parallels.com/toolbox/v6/6.6.1-4908/ParallelsToolbox-6.6.1-4908.dmg
    2. Double-click on the downloaded installer to launch the installation process.
    3. Please let us know if the installation succeeds.

Should the installation fail, please perform the following actions to collect related log reports:

On your Mac, open Terminal (Applications > Utilities > Terminal) and execute the following commands one by one (you will need to enter your Mac password to run the first command; no symbols will be shown due to security measures, so just hit the keys and use Return):

sudo zip -r diagnostics.zip /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/
    sudo zip -r toolboxlogs.zip ~/Library/Logs/prl.toolbox/
    rsync --progress diagnostics.zip rsync://fe.parallels.com/abd73225baa6c71a255218cb09ffb55a/
    rsync --progress toolboxlogs.zip rsync://fe.parallels.com/abd73225baa6c71a255218cb09ffb55a/​

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

3. bigwoice

bigwoice Bit poster

yes thank you I will apply this step my issue resolved

Adeboye Adeotan likes this.